Tuesday, May 22, 2007

5.22- Istanbul




















"Do you want to receive your personal self realization?
All you must do is chant this three times:
I want to receive my personal self realization...I want to receive my personal self realization...I want to receive my personal self realization"

-a group of evangelistic "self-realizationers" inviting me to "self realize" in the security check line in an Istanbul airport on their way to India. All I had to do was hold a "guru" button in my hand, chant the mantra, and I would feel warmth in my palm. Then presto I would would be self realized...which I guess means having warm palms.
Needless to say, I declined the invitation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's just part of the security check. Anyone who accepts the invitation gets a cavity search (e.g. self-revelation).

6:47 AM  
Blogger Brady said...

then had I accepeted that invitation I would have "realized" my mistake very soon.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home